Friday, July 2, 2010

Here is goes... What, I'm not sure yet.

I go back and forth thinking about writing a blog. I have so much going on in my "wacky" head and yearn to write it all down. So, here it goes...

I was born a girly girl, or so my Mother tells me. I have always had memories of liking "girly" things. From a young age I was enamored with older, glamorous Women. I always wanted to wear make-up, I only wanted to wear skirts that twirled around when I spun, my hair had to look perfect, and at the age of 2, my clothes had to match.

I'm a trained hairstylist and it once was my passion. I'm not sure if it is anymore. I haven't worked in a Salon for about 5 years and not sure how I feel about it anymore. I think about hair, it's what I look at when first meeting someone, but not sure if it's the career for me... right now. I'm a stay at home Mom who sometimes battles with that title. I think I need to figure out what I want to do.

The Fashion Industry is always on my mind. How people look, how they're dressed, or just what looks good on people and myself is something I can't get away from. I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said FIDM "Mom". It's like one of those bumper stickers that is like Air force "Mom", or NAU "Mom". I wanted my Mom to have this sticker on her car. For those of you that don't know, it the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising. It could be a possibility one day, but for now I will try and find something else to keep me occupied.

A couple Months ago I was asked by a dear friend to go shopping with her. She was going on a romantic getaway to Europe with her Husband. She asked if I would tell her what to buy. Of course, I think this friend has great taste to begin with, she just needed the extra oomph to boost her confidence on what to buy. Well, I had one of the best times of my life on this trip! It's like I was on a Personal Shopper High! We went to Macys, The Gap, and Marshalls (shopping is limited here). I picked out a few things here and there. Some she was into, others she didn't want to go near, but all and all she felt very confident in what I picked. She ended up with a fab wardrobe of clothes that she would have never bought on her own. So, I think this is what I want to do. I want to help people feel confident in what they wear. I want this to be realistic. I am a Military Wife, I don't have the biggest budget, but I think I do my best to look good and stylish and I think I can help others as well.

I'm not sure how I'll go about this... I will search all over the area in what I think is "hot" right now, take pics, give advice and post it all on my new blog. :) Thanks

3 comments:

  1. Well I am sure you will be successful bc you've been my personal stylist for several decades! People who know me for awhile always expect me to look polished and put together after a few days visiting you. So I know I'm looking hawt if I am asked "have you just visited your sister?". Excited you are finally doing a blog so I can get your advice a la distance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Katie , I always like to do that to help find clothes for my friends and usually find them something they would never have even tried on if they were alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, great blog! IBest of luck to you, it sounds so fun!! Is it possible to help me even though I'm so far? I've been wanting to change up my style and be more fashion friendly but I feel like today's style just isn't for me.

    ReplyDelete