Saturday, July 3, 2010

My new name is Style on a Shoestring

So I am a little Blog challenged. I'm not sure how to add all the fancy "stuff" to my blog, but will soon learn.

I am a magazine fanatic. I love to just sit, relax, and read a good mag. Of course I love the juicy tabloid ones, but love fashion ones as well. I know there are top fashion mags out there, Vogue, Womens Wear Daily, etc... But, I like the more simplistic, realistic ones. Lucky, Allure, Glamour, People's Style Guide, more and more. So here are a few tips I've read recently in a few of these magazines.

This one is from Glamour.

There was a list of a few things to tweak a wardrobe you're just bored with. My 2 cents have been added.

~Try tucking in a shirt. Lately I've seen just the front of a t-shirt tucked in. Remember when that was big in the early 90's? :)
~Add a belt (It's very in right now). Anywhere from a thin one, to a thick elastic one. My Mother even just bought some.
~Add heels. Now, I am not a big follower of this. I love heels, I adore them, but my feet can't handle them. My lovely sister wheres heels all the time and she likes expensive ones, but I can't do it. My feel hurt! But if you can, try wearing some every once in a while.
~Layers! I love layering. I live in the best place for layering. The weather changes all day and we're never really warm. But, no matter where you live layering can make an outfit super cute. I find that it also can cover lumpiness some of us got going on. A nice long tank under a shirt, any kind of shirt. Cardigans, cardigans, cardigans!
~Now this is my fave, as some of you know me will agree. Never underestimate the power of BLACK. Black is so sophisicated! It makes you look thinner and I think, a little more put together.
~Accessorize. Pick one big piece to wear and own it.
~Add a colorful shoe. This is my own idea, especially if you're a "black wearer" like me. A bold shoe, like a red or even green can totally change an outfit.

I'm adding something totally random. Don't pay attention to the video itself. yes, I'm a Real Housewife fan, but look at Jill's outfit. I can't stop thinking about it. The simple black dress, with the gorgeous green bracelets and to die for green heels. That's the type of outfit I love! Now, it's not practical to wear to Target, but I love a good outfit!

No comments:

Post a Comment