Friday, November 5, 2010

Loving hair!



Hair is my first passion.  I love everything to do with Fashion, but hair is the profession I found first.  I lost a little bit of that passion along the way.  Being out of the salon atmosphere and moving around can do that.  Every time I do a friends hair and have the freedom to do what I want with it, that passion comes right back.  I love cutting and especially coloring hair!   It's super fun to chat with friends over tea and play around with some hair. 

I feel like hair can make or break a person.  I know it takes time to style, which some of us don't have, but, with some tips I can help you achieve that styled, fab, put together look.

Tricks of the trade:

1.You don't have to wash your hair everyday.  It can save you so much time. It's the power of  baby powder.  Doesn't matter what color hair you have, take a bunch and rub it all over your scalp, then brush out.  It doesn't smell strong and soaks up all the oil.  It also gives your hair more body.


2.Invest in salon quality styling tools.  I've had some of my friends discover this recently.  By purchasing a good curling iron/flat iron your hair will look like a pro did it.  They get hotter then the ones from a drug store.


3.Get a good haircut.  Updating your haircut every 6-8 weeks will make a huge difference in how your hair looks.  Don't feel like you need to go to a super fancy salon to get a great cut or color.  There are plenty of great stylists in every salon.  Use www.yelp.com.


4.Use a deep cleansing shampoo.  Even though I don't like "over-the counter" hair products, you can find one there.  Sometimes the scalp gets build up from everyday styling products and out pollutions.  Wash with a deep cleansing shampoo once a week and it will liven up your hair.


These are just some tidbits I've learned along the way.  Ask if you have any more questions.  I'm full of hair knowledge. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment